Deletion of accounts- PLEASE READ!

Annoucements are made here. Check often.

Deletion of accounts- PLEASE READ!

Postby diywid on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 am

Some of you may have noticed that our membership levels have soared to over 1000, which is frankly ridiculous for a forum with only 2 or 3 active members. Therefore, I have decided to act to stop this influx of members, and remove accounts I consider have been created by Bots or that exist only to spam.
Unless you post a reply to this topic before Wednesday 26 August 2009 12:00 BST, your account is at risk of being deleted.
However, I would like to stress that genuine members (members with 1 or more posts which are not spam, or users with a genuine-sounding username) have no reason to worry. Genuine members do not need to post a reply to this topic, as I will not delete their accounts.
I will also not be activating any new accounts that I believe are not genuine users.
If you have any questions regarding this decision, please post them in this thread. If you feel your account has been unfairly deleted, please email me at nintendowiigamereviewsandnews@yahoo.com
Regards,
diywid (Acting Site Admin)
diywid

Re: Deletion of accounts- PLEASE READ!

Postby diywid on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I'm temporarily de-activating all of your accounts whilst I prune the unwanted users
diywid

Re: Deletion of accounts- PLEASE READ!

Postby diywid on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 pm

The deletion of accounts is now complete, and I am pleased to say this website is now a spam-free zone. The genuine accounts have been reactivated, but if you have any problems logging in please do not hesitate to email me at nintendowiigamereviewsandnews@yahoo.com
If you feel your account has been unfairly deleted, email me at the same address. I hope I did not delete any accounts in error, but if I have please email me, sign up again and I'll continue your journey with your new account.
I apologise for the period of your accounts being deactivated.
diywid

Return to Announcements